We subject our skin to damaging factors like UV rays, environmental damage (smoking, pollution, etc.), and diet. Extrinsic aging can speed up intrinsic aging and lead to dark spots, uneven tone, dry and rough skin, and wrinkles.
Our clinically studied complex brings advanced free radical squelching abilities with enzymatic help to prevent and repair damage to DNA and proteins (like collagen and elastin), allowing skin cells to live a longer, healthier, more beautiful life.
I’ve addressed both intrinsic and extrinsic aging factors with The Matchmaker serum. By using biomimetic cold-pressed oils, your skin is infused with vital vitamins, nutrients, and fatty acids that act both as protectants from extrinsic aging but also work to slow down and prevent intrinsic aging factors by stimulating collagen production and rehydrating skin.
Setting Healthy [Skin] Barriers.
Free radicals accelerate the aging process and we encounter them everyday through sun exposure, air pollution, and stress. Feeding skin essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and other skin-supportive nutrients helps prevent and repair free radical damage, so skin stays firm, smooth, and bright longer.
Dehydration due to a slowly degrading lipid layer to our skin through internal lack of EFA’s and outer aggressors only accentuate aging signs of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots. As we age, we produce less collagen, oil, and elastin, and our skin becomes thinner, weaker and less able to withhold hydration for that desired dewy appearance.
So, What Causes a Damaged Barrier to Begin With?
There are several reasons why your outermost barrier may begin to deteriorate:
- Constantly stripping away sebum
- Cumulative damage that has affected the skin cell renewal cycle
- Environmental conditions like dry, cold or hot weather, and wind
- Not enough physical exercise
- Not enough sleep
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Over-washing your face
- Poor diet high in processed foods and sugar
- Sun damage
- Unprotected winter skin
- Using harsh products on your skin
- Using hot water when washing and rinsing your face
- Using too many chemicals on your skin
- Use cool-tepid water only when washing and rinsing your face.
- Use a natural non-stripping face wash no more than twice daily (Evoq’s cleansing milk emulsion is a great step 1 in cleansing).
- Pat your face dry, then spritz on our Revitalize Sea Mist Toner.
- Next, apply a humectant like hyaluronic acid (found in our Firming Oxygen Creme, Total Repair DNA Serum).
- Next, apply a linoleic rich facial oil like our lovely Ultra Hydrating Antioxidant Oil and gently massage it into the skin.
- You can then apply a skin protectant like a small amount of butters found in our Mattifying or Oxygen Creams (unless you have oily skin then use a tiny amount of squalene mixed in your facial oil) to help hold in moisture that tries to escape.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Make sure your environment has good humidity (I like to use this humidifier in my room at night).